Williams Percent R Gold Trading Analysis and Williams Percent R Gold Trading Signals
Williams %R Gold Indicator Developed by Larry Williams
Williams %R indicator is pronounced as Williams percent R indicator. Williams %R XAUUSD Indicator is a momentum oscillator used to analyze overbought and oversold levels in the xauusd markets.
The Williams % Range oscillator is similar to the Stochastic Oscillator indicator, apart from that fact that the %R is drawn upside down on a negative scale that is from 0 to -100 and the indicator does not apply a smoothing factor.
Williams %R, Percent R Technical XAUUSD Indicator - Gold Indicators
The Williams %R indicator analyzes the association of the closing gold prices relative to the High and Low range over a selected number of n candlesticks.
- The closer the closing xauusd price of a candlestick is to the highest high of the range selected the closer to zero the %R reading will be.
- The closer the closing xauusd price of a candlestick is to the lowest low of the range selected the closer to -100 the %R reading will be.
When doing technical analysis a gold trader should ignore the minus sign placed before the value, for example -40, the - sign should be ignored, just remember the indictor values are placed in an upside down manner.
- At zero: If the closing xauusd price of the candlestick is equal to the highest high of the range the William %R reading will be 0.
- At -100: if the closing xauusd price of the candlestick is equal to the lowest low of the range the William %R reading will be -100.
Williams Percent R XAUUSD Indicator
- Overbought- Williams %R values from 0 to -20 are considered overbought while
- Oversold- Williams %R values from -80 to -100 are considered oversold.
As for trading overbought/oversold levels it is best to wait for gold to change direction before taking a signal in the opposite direction. For Example if gold is oversold it is best to wait for the gold trend to reverse and start to head in an upward direction before buying gold.
Gold Trend Reversal Signals
The William %R indicator used to predict a gold trend reversal gold signal when trading gold. The Williams %R indicator always predict a reversal using the following method
Bearish Reversal Gold Trading Signal- Williams Percent Range indicator forms a peak and turns down a few days before the xauusd price gold trend peaks and turns down. The example illustrated and explained below shows %R giving a reversal gold signal before xauusd price starts to head down and change to a down xauusd trend.
Bearish Reversal Gold Trading Signal after Gold Uptrend
Bullish Reversal Gold Trading Signal- Williams Percent Range indicator forms a trough and turns up a few days before the xauusd price gold trend bottoms and turns up.
Bullish Reversal Gold Trading Signal after Gold Downtrend